Thursday, October 26, 2017

Run Till You Fall


A little while ago, I heard about a TV movie from 1988 called Run Till You Fall, starring Jamie Farr. By itself that's not that remarkable--there were a billion TV movies in the 70s and 80s--until you learn that it was directed by none other than Mike Farrell, making this a mini-M*A*S*H reunion!

RTYF is Farrell's sole non-M*A*S*H directing credit, and I haven't been able to learn anything about it other than a one-sentence plot summary ("A small town private eye tries to win back his estranged wife and their young disabled son"). Unlike a lot of TV movies from the time, it's not available on YouTube, though you can watch a fifteen-minute chunk of it there.

Along with Farr, the cast includes Fred Savage, Shelley Fabares (Mrs. Mike Farrell), CCH Pounder, and Clyde Kusatsu, who appeared in four episodes of M*A*S*H--including the classic "The Joker is Wild", where he played an old Army buddy of...B.J. Hunnicutt!

If anyone can help me track down this movie, it would be greatly appreciated!


1 comment:

Paul Wildenberger said...

I don't recall this movie at all. Considering its connections to M*A*S*H, I'm surprised I missed it. I searched and all I could find was a review from the Los Angeles Times, http://articles.latimes.com/1988-09-09/entertainment/ca-1693_1_run-till-fall.

This reviewer was not impressed (to say the least), but I still would be interested in seeing it at least once. Let us know if you come across a copy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...