Thursday, January 5, 2017

USS Enterprise NCC-4077


In 1991, David Ogden Stiers made a guest appearance on "Half A Life", a season 4 episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I watched TNG when it originally aired, and I remembered being delighted to see Maj. Winchester again!

What I didn't know was that there was an Easter egg buried in the show, as a nod to Mr. Stiers' former TV gig. Look closely on one of the control panels in Engineering, and you'll see a familiar set of numbers:


I never knew about this gag until it was mentioned on the great Mission Log podcast, an episode-by-episode look at Star Trek in all its forms. Nice job, ST: TNG art department!


2 comments:

James Talada said...

I would never have noticed that! Amazing find!

4077+1701= said...

I've watched both MASH and TNG over and over, and I'm amazed that you were able to find this.
Good job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...