Wednesday, February 23, 2011

M*A*S*H Dog Tags - 1981

sg
I found these for sale on eBay the other night. While I wasn't intrigued enough to buy them, I did want to mention them here.

Licensors tried their best to market the massively-popular M*A*S*H brand in the early 1980s, but none of the products: action figures, puzzles, trading cards, or board games set the world on fire. I assume official M*A*S*H-style dog tags met the same fate.

I do, however, love the fairly casual cast photo that adorns the package. The absence of Gary Burghoff suggests it was snapped after the eighth season, but Mike Farrell doesn't look like he has his mustache yet, so I can't be sure!


2 comments:

Radar Hat said...

"Style No. 4077" Nice touch.

Dr. Eric said...

M*A*S*H, when you think about it, is not really the kind of show that lends itself to light marketing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...